Tuesday, November 4, 2014

on being 34. nesting. and moving forward.


it was my birthday on saturday.

one year ago i was in toronto. i turned 33. i had graduated midwifery school and was embarking on registration in canada.

it was last november that i first interviewed for the position that i now hold.

it's amazing what can happen in a year.
it's amazing what can stay the same.

but i'm here.
i'm moving forward.

in my 33rd year, i registered as a midwife in saskatchewan. i returned home. witnessed the birth of my niece and the growth of my sister and her husband as parents.

i returned home.

for the first time in more years i care to count i have a home. i pulled it off some how, but i bought a small house.

this road warrior is settling down.

man, it's been a struggle. but i have not doubted this course for one minute. i know to the core of my soul that i was meant to be exactly where i am right now.

i'm mourning the loss of a relationship. not quite accepting that it's over and still trying to overcome the impossible.

but i'm moving forward.

so what will this next year look like?

growth.
as a midwife.
as a woman.
focus on building community.
birth community.
arts community.
friendship and support community.
healing my body.
healing my heart.
creating art.
moving my body.
moving my soul.
writing.

my goal is to write more.
i've fallen off. lost focus.
not knowing how to approach this new space.

this year, my focus it break myself wide open...

this is 34.

No comments:

Post a Comment